Monday, April 2, 2012

Day Two Drove me to Drink

I have decided that one of the best ways to prevent teenage pregnancy would be to have teens spend a week with me...but not any week- it would have to be this week to fully feel the single parent effect. I am pretty positive that the teen pregnancy rates would take a dramatic drop. The day started on a positive note. I made good time getting Josie to school. We sang and car danced to the Victorious soundtrack on the way. Then I made a made dash home to get ready for day one of my mini art camp. That turned out to be a success. Afternoon flowed pretty well. Even managed to get the teen make that college age kid across the street to do us a last minute favor and mow the jungle I mean lawn since the grass was almost waist high on Sawyer- not quite but it was getting bad. Onto the fun part of the evening. Bart decided that he too wanted in on the pink drugs(amoxicillin)and he and I made a visit to a new night time urgent care type place. Thank God the babysitter lives right next door. It was awesome on that it is super new, super clean, we were the only ones there, and the staff were awesome. Loved the doctor and it figures she is a D.O. Not an M.D. Many of my Child Life friends will understand this. Best way to explain is that D.O.s have a more holistic sort of medical training. I think it stands for Doctor of Osteopathy or something like that. Don't get me wrong. I know many awesome M.D.s, but there is just a vibe that most D.O.s have and this lady had it. Hence the reason Bart and I loved her. So after our brief visit we made another jaunt to the pharmacy and grocery store. Based on the items in my cart, one would either come to the conclusion that I am pregnant(NO WAY!) or that I am a stress eater. Ding ding! The Raging Bitch Ale pretty much said it all. By the time I talked to A.J. after I got home, I pretty much was one.

1 comment: