Monday, January 23, 2012

Why is Jimmy obsessed with "petting" the baby's head and other mind-numbing musings for this Monday


A summary of my day based on the whys:
Why is it that I don’t end up checking my email until we are in the EMPTY parking lot of Jimmy’s preschool to find out that he has a two hour delay this morning?
Why does Sawyer insist on lying flat on our kitchen island(usually when there is hot food nearby)?
Why is it that the family sized box of Kraft mac n cheese never looked so appetizing as right now when I am on a dairy free diet?
Why does Jimmy think that strumming a ukulele and screaming in Bart’s face will help him to stop crying?
Why do both the ant man and the delivery man choose the exact windows of time when I am sitting on the couch with my boobs out feeding Bart to knock at the door?
Why is it that after screaming all sorts of rants and threats at the boys as I load them in the Gray Goose to get Josie, I back out and THEN see my neighbor getting her mail right next to me?(at least she just smiled and waved back )
Why and HOW is it that the full size “mattress” I ordered for the kids’ bunk bed arrived rolled up like a carpet?
Why did Jimmy just come out of the bathroom wearing only his shirt and Scooby Doo boxers with a glowstick necklace around his waist like a belt?

2 comments:

  1. Because you must have something to write about - duh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally just had a discussion with my kids about petting the baby! And I'm on the dairy free diet for the time-being while nursing my baby - have been since July. Thank god for Oreos!

    ReplyDelete