Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Observations from the week of Breaking in the Barn


-Jimmy applies holy water as if it is aftershave
-my family & friends are awesome and still support me in my somewhat offbeat dreams
-babies love beer bottles, both to look at "ooh so shiny!" and to teethe on.   maybe I need to figure out a way to market a baby safe beer bottle teether.
-I have a really bad addiction to Craigslist furniture and thankfully a husband who supports this.
-on that same note, my sister's taste in furniture is a bit different than mine based on her reaction to my recent teal "vintage arm chair" purchase and me having to clarify that said chair did not come from A.J.'s grandma
-The clerk at Costco may have thought I had as many children as the Duggars as he rang up my two cart loads and asked how long that amount of food would last us...I had been the sucker who volunteered to do the Costco run for our family beach trip, but really my sisters were the  big suckers as they had the fun of keeping my 4 children along with their own kids while I went to Costco with only my 13 year old nephew.
-I have so much respect for moms who work full time outside of the house.  I am only working about twenty steps away and it has been a chaotic adjustment for all.
- I could never homeschool my children as evidenced by the major 'tude Josie likes to display in my art classes.  She was getting a bit feisty the other day and threatened to leave the class early then added that she "could" go to the house because she lived there.   She did have a point.
- black shingles really do heat things up...2 portable ACs, one ceiling fan, and two standing fans in the barn and the upstairs art studio got close to 90 degrees.  We're working on it...Until the heat wave passes, classes are temporarily being held in the mancave section of the barn and my children now correctly use the term mancave.


1 comment: